HZI + JMU = HIRI
- Foundation May 2017.
- Joint venture of Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) and Julius Maximilians University of Würzburg (JMU).
- Prof Jörg Vogel.
- Director since 2017.
- Also Director and Full Professor at the Institute for Molecular Infection Biology, JMU Würzburg.
- 8 research groups.
- 1 associated research group.
- 100 employees.
- From more than 20 nations.
- Sound annual core funding from federal government and Free State of Bavaria.
- Third party funding rate of 30%.
- 4 ERC Grants.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Financed by Free State of Bavaria and EU.
- Completion 2026.
Profile Areas & Programs
- Single-Cell Center Würzburg.
- Graduate Training Program „RNA & Infection“.
- Dr Eckernkamp Fellowship granted by Vogel-Stiftung.
Keep track of the latest news and developments at HIRI.