HZI + JMU = HIRI
- Foundation May 2017.
- Site of the Braunschweig Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in cooperation with the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg (JMU).
- Prof Jörg Vogel, Director since 2017.
- Prof Vogel is also Director and Full Professor (W3) at the Institute for Molecular Infection Biology, JMU Würzburg.
- 8 research groups.
- 1 associated research group.
- More than 100 employees.
- From more than 20 nations.
- Sound annual core funding from federal government and Free State of Bavaria.
- Third party funding rate of 30%.
- 4 ERC Grants.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Funded by Free State of Bavaria, co-financed by European Union.
- Start of construction in 2023.
Profile Areas & Programs
- Single-Cell Center Würzburg.
- Graduate Training Programs „RNA & Infection“ and "RNAmed - Future Leaders in RNA-based Medicine".
“RNA is a powerful medium for engineering biology. We seek to better understand the fundamental properties of this biomolecule and how it can be harnessed to improve diagnosis and treatment of human infections.”
GET IN TOUCH
If you would like to inquire about job offers, ask scientific questions or simply pay us a visit, you find all necessary information on this page. We look forward to your email, call or visit!